Join our Exercise Referral Scheme
If are you 16 and older and want support with your health, come talk to us.
Our National Exercise Referral Scheme (NERS) provides high-quality, varied exercises and advice and support to people living in Torfaen. The Scheme is funded by Welsh Government working in partnership with Local Authorities, Public Health Wales (PHW) and Local Health Boards.
Our exercise professionals provide participants with a high-quality bespoke programme to improve their health and well-being. They include:
- Group Exercise Classes
- Specific chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and Cardiac Classes
- Supervised Gym Sessions
The scheme cost, just £2 per session, with the opportunity to progress further into regular exercise.
Many people have benefited from the scheme, and they’ve said:
- “It was a good opportunity to meet other people who had the same worries as I did”
- “The sessions made me get out of the house and gave me a new interest”
- “I made new friends and enjoyed the conversations we had”
- “I feel much fitter and can play with my grandchildren for longer now”
The Exercise Referral Team are here to help you achieve your goals through physical activity and offer professional advice and assistance.
If you feel that you would benefit from the scheme, are 16 and over and are suitable to join, then you need to speak to your GP/practice nurse/health professional about being referred.